We use Docusaurus to document the SemApps project. Docusaurus is used to generate documentation from Github :
- We benefit from the collaborative environment of Github (markdown editing, versioning, commits, pull requests, reviews, etc.).
- You can preview the changes
- The code can be easily deployed
The documentation files in markdown are in the /website/docs/ folder.
The configurations to customize the menu (navbar), the header (title and tagline) and the footer are in the /website/docusaurus.config.js file.
the translation files (for exemple 'fr') are in the /website/i18n/fr/ folder.
The content of the homepage (coded in React) is in /website/src/pages/index.js
The sidebars can be customized by modifying the /website/sidebars.js file.
- Until there is a decision/consent from the documentation circle: Create an issue
- If the content of what you want to publish has been approved by the documentation group :
- Create a pull request on a dedicated branch.
- As long as it's in draft or draft form, don't request a review.
- When our proposal for a contribution appears to be complete, a review is requested.
- Go to https://github.com/assemblee-virtuelle/semapps/issues
- Detail your request/proposal, put links if necessary to clarify your intention as much as possible.
- Fill in the external / internal / technical documentation label from the "Labels" tab of the menu on the right-hand side of the screen.
- And let's discuss it!
Go to the relevant place by referring to the previous chapter.
- If it is a minor modification, a spelling mistake for example, make the change by editing the page (edit file), then "commit" to the Master branch. Describe your change in the space provided.
- If it is a substantial change :
- make the change by editing the page,
- then "commit" to a new branch that you can explicitly name.
- Fill in a Label and identify Reviewers who will be invited to comment / approve / propose changes to your pull request.
- At the end of this collective process, it will be time to merger the pull request on the Master branch.
- Propose an issue ;
If the initiative seems relevant:
Create a markdown file in the desired location, remembering to fill in the extension: ".md". It must necessarily begin with :---title: [your page title]---
NB: The page title may have spaces. On the other hand, the name of the .md file must not have spaces, and must be written in lower case.
Commit and make a pull request on a dedicated branch.
Once the reviewers you've identified have validated it, merge the pull request on the master branch.
Our Semapps dev channel is the main entry point for all people who want to contribute.